Date: 17 Apr 2018 - 18 Apr 2018
The Philanthropy Workshop is offering philanthropists a two-day educational programme in London, introducing TPW’s Roadmap for Strategic Philanthropy and providing access to and associate membership of TPW’s global network. This programme is suitable both for individuals new to philanthropy and those that have been practising for some time, but want to revise their approach in order to achieve greater impact with their resources.
The programme will provide an overview of tools and techniques for strategic philanthropy, in the classroom and within a real philanthropic case study, start you thinking about your own practice, and areas required for your personal growth, and provide you with a peer network within which to learn and develop.
During the two-day course you will:
• Learn the principles of strategic philanthropy and the rationale for taking a strategic approach to giving
• Understand the stages and different considerations involved in maximizing the impact of your philanthropic resource
• Appreciate the ecosystem within which philanthropy operates—government, community and the market—and understand how philanthropists can work with these constituencies to achieve social change
• Understand challenges faced by non-profit leaders and organisations, and identify what makes for effective partnerships
• Gain a broad understanding of the range of philanthropic investment strategies available, such as impact investment and maximizing your own time, talent and resource
• Learn about essential tools to plan, measure and evaluate your impact against goals—to help assess and adjust your philanthropic work and that of your partners
• Align your values and passions towards a philanthropic focus and start to develop your own philanthropic strategy
• Build a network of peers to support a lifelong philanthropy practice
Please note that this short course will be offered in a number of locations, details of which will be shared in due course.