October 18, 2018
Philanthropy & Technology: The New Frontier
Technology is changing the world around us at an incredible speed. But philanthropy remains largely unchanged. This presents a long-term strategic threat to philanthropy, to charity and social enterprise, and to the pace of social change.
This one-day program on technology and philanthropy, curated by Fran and Will Perrin at Indigo Trust, is a digital 101 for philanthropists. If you are confused by blockchain or AI, want to embrace technology in your grantmaking and social investment and don’t know how, are interested in using technology to leapfrog traditional development patterns, or are a social entrepreneur looking to have a greater impact—then this program is for you. Join us to come and hear from an extraordinary range of high calibre, expert speakers in a confidential environment, surrounded by peer philanthropists, eager to learn and enhance impact and effectiveness.
- Philip Colligan, CEO of Raspberry Pi Foundation and former Director of Nesta’s Innovation Lab
- Martha Lane Fox CBE, former UK Digital Champion and founder of Doteveryone.org.uk and lastminute.com
- Helen Milner OBE, Chief Executive of Good Things Foundation
- Fran Perrin, Founder of the Indigo Trust and 360 Giving
- Richard Sargeant, CCO of ASI DataLab on Artificial Intelligence
- Tom Steinberg, Founder and Director of mySociety and advisor to Code for America